Every team needs a Team Captain — the organizer, coach, and cheerleader of a team!
When you create a team, you automatically become that team's captain.
If you are not a team captain, your team captain can invite you to become a co-captain.
Please note: You can create and manage multiple teams, but you can only participate in one team (your primary team). You can switch teams at any time, but if you are the only team captain of your current team, you will need to invite a new team captain.
Here's what you can do as a team captain:
- Create a new team
- Manage multiple teams
- Edit your team profile: Change your team's name and info, upload a team logo or avatar, upload a team banner
- Invite a team captain
- Remove a team member: Team members will be moved to the Community Team
- Initiate, accept, or decline a competition
- Assign team actions
- Message your team: Email select team members or your entire team
- Invite teammates: Share your referral link or QR code, send email invitations
For best practices and a sample timeline of how you can build and encourage your team, check out the Ecochallenge Toolkit.